Here is a summary of the video:
* One of key components of memory is repetition. I use an app Flashcardlet, which links up to www.quizlet.com, to practice Spanish wherever I am.
* Usually try and do a set of vocabulary twice, in random order, before I go to bed.
* While watching a culebrones – soap operas – Quizlet open and I am actively looking for new words and expressions.
* Good candidates for flashcard vocab are words that you recognize and understand, but that you would not *generate* in a conversation. These types of words are on the brink of entering your lexicon.
BOOK REVIEW – Hablando Bien Se Entiende La Gente
* Excellent book for English-speakers at any level. Book caters to advanced speakers of Spanish and even to native speakers.
* Take into account that it takes a prescriptive view, basically saying that one type of Spanish is better than another. Your mileage may vary.
* Great book to avoid false friends and to refine your Spanish.
Hope this is useful,